Mixing bad dieting advice, with disgusting foods and expecting you and everyone else to go along with it.
It’s like we’ve all been trained to not think it’s healthy if it tastes good, and it’s time for this to stop.
I hope you’re ready?
Ready to learn exactly what food will increase your life, boost your immunity, be fuel for your brain and give you strength.
As I’m about to give you everything you’re going to need to eat amazing food every day, while achieving all of the above and more.
No, this diet isn’t a fad, it’s a healthy eating lifestyle and with the right will-power it’s completely life changing.
Now I wish I could take credit for it, but far smarter doctors and nutritionists came up with these foods, the science behind them and the principles, I’ve just put them all together in one place to help people who don’t have years to read books and study nutrition be able to gain the same benefits I’ve had.
Now There Are Some Rules Of This Article:
- First off, let’s take away all the labels and BS people call out over certain dietary choices, vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, plant-based, meat eater, all this is gone and is going to be replaced with science-backed vegan based food, that allow you to add your own twists, so everyone from vegans, to meat eaters can learn and grow their brains, bodies and health with super foods.
- Second, if you’re silly enough to let the word “Vegan” or “vegetarian” put you off learning, then you my friend have been brainwashed and will probably not gain value from any nutritional article that doesn’t tell you red meat is healthy.
So Who Am I?
I’m Oli, I’m almost 22 and for the past 2 years I’ve been fixated with seeing what would happen if I gave my body everything it needed to run at the highest level.
Don’t worry I had learning curves, this is me in early 2015:
I was living on microwave meals, had more anxiety than you could imagine, was hardly sleeping and I have to face it, I looked like crap.
Fast forward what is almost two years and I’ve completely changed:
My anxiety has completely gone, I feel better than ever before, I have enough energy to do a 40 minute workout 6 days per week and I feel incredible, my brain is clear, my focus is high and my immunity is unreal.
Again, just because I’m healthy right now doesn’t mean I didn’t make some MASSIVE ERRORS along this journey, for one I lost 2 stone on a trip to China where I lived on one bowl of rice and a plate of vegetables (if I was lucky) every day for 2 – 3 weeks… Look at me:
That taught me the art of zigging and zagging and within two months of being back I’ve been to Thailand and put back on the two stone:
I could go on for hours about the mistakes I made to get to this place, but instead let me tell you…
…What you will be learn today?
- What foods to eat for brain power
- What foods to eat for happiness and all round well being
- What super foods you need to eat for immunity
- A complete diet plan for the next 2 weeks
- How to 10x by adding supplements
- My magic health drink
- Spice Shot creation and benefits
Plus, I’ll be going into amazing detail on recipes, food and giving you awesome case studies filled with advice.
Table of Contents
- 1 Where I’m At Right Now With My Diet
- 2 The Ultimate Foods You’ve Got To Have In Your Diet
- 3 Complete Week Diet Plan
- 4 How I 10x My Results By Adding Supplements
- 5 What Vegetarians Should Add
- 6 Why I’ve Chose Vegan As The Foundation Of My Nootropic Diet
- 7 Proof On The Benefits Of A Vegan Diet
- 8 The Top Secret Brain Boosting Drinks
- 9 Basic Nootropics To Add To Your Diet
- 10 Biggest Dieting Errors You Need To Stop Making
- 11 3 Stages In What Will Happen To Your Body when You Do This Diet
- 12 The Quick Vegan Bulking Guide
- 13 Future Of My Diet
- 14 The Rule Of Zigging And Zagging
- 15 The Epic List Of Resources:
Where I’m At Right Now With My Diet
I’ve tried it all.
From high fat, low carb, to the famous no-sugar detox, and even a no-gluten vegan diet where I wouldn’t eat anything processed and didn’t use a microwave for almost a year.
…I’ve now settled for a diet that I call ‘Ple Pl’o, which has a vegan based structure with no meat or dairy, I do however eat honey and occasionally take supplements that are vegetarian to maximize my overall health.
So far this is has been by far the healthiest diet choice I’ve made in a long time.
No brain fog, more strength, quick recovery and a hell of a lot less sleepy.
I’m also finding it cheap to eat really clean foods and having no problem gaining muscle and losing fat using this diet.
What The Foundations Of This Nootropic Diet Includes:
Where I Get My Ultra Mind Fats From:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Walnuts, Almonds, Monkey Nuts, Chia Seeds and Linseeds
- Peanut Butter
- High-Quality Omega-3 Supplement or Vegan Omega-3 Supplement
Where I Get My Strength Building Protein:
A large amount of my daily protein comes from peanut butter and the variation of nuts above, but I also get a great amount from the foods below:
- Beans, (Kidney, Black and White)
- Hemp Protein (30 grams per day)
Where I Get My Clean Carbs:
Again, some of the foods above are responsible for my carb intake, but here are the extras:
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Potatoes
- Gluten-Free Pasta (Occasionally)
- Brown Rice
- Brown Bread Packed With Nuts And Seeds
- Whole wheat Rice Cakes (Awesome snack with peanut butter).
That’s the staple of my diet, but there’s more, a lot more and I’m going to be breaking down the super foods I eat for immunity, brain power, detoxification of the body and overall happiness in…
The Ultimate Foods You’ve Got To Have In Your Diet
So ladies and gentlemen, here’s a list of the finest superfoods money can buy:
- Turmeric (Take 1 – 2 grams per day, you can add it to a spice shot or to a spice tea)
Benefits: One of the greatest overall healthy spices for boosting immunity and body function.
- Garlic (Cut up one clove every morning, pop it all in your mouth with a some water and either swallow like a pill or chew, the water will stop the bad taste)
Benefits: Immunity Boosting.
- Cumin (Add to your food)
Benefits: Sleep and Digestion
- Cinnamon (Add to a tea, just make sure you use cinnamon sticks)
Benefits: Lowers blood sugar levels, reduces heart disease risk factors.
- Ginger (Add to a tea, take it as a pill or do as I do and just cut a chunk and chew on it)
Benefits: Can be used to stop sickness, reduces muscle pain and soreness and is used to boost immunity.
- Green Tea (get some loose leaf green tea, cover the leafs in cold water, this protects the leafs from the heat, then add the boiling water, leave the leaves floating around while you drink).
Benefits: Energy, Brain Function, Weight loss and so much more.
To save me repeating myself, here’s the rest of the list broken down without dose guides and benefits, but if you wish to know more just google the name + benefits into google:
- White Tea
- Low Roast Coffee Beans
- Dark Chocolate (80% +)
- Green beans
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut butter
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blue And Black Berries
- Kombucha Tea (I’m doing a guide in the upcoming weeks on how to brew it and what the awesome effects are)
Pretty impressive list. Am I Right?
Your job is to know incorporate as many of these foods into your diet as possible, the more foods, the more super human you get.
At least that’s the way I look at it.
Complete Week Diet Plan
Before I go into the details about why this diet kicks so many butts, I felt like it was time to give you the week diet plan, with recipes.
- Breakfast: oats, cold almond/coconut/soy/goats milk, chia seeds, honey or raisins
- Snack: Two slices of peanut butter on toast/brown rice cakes
- Lunch: Vegan Burger Super easy, don’t let the picture fool you, it’s delicious) with a big kale, spinach, avocado and nut salad (mix it up with whatever veg you like).
- Dinner: Gluten-Free sweet potato curry with quinoa or brown rice.
- Breakfast: Homemade/store brought vegan yogurt (recipe once you’ve got the ingredients you can make it anytime with ease) with one or two bananas, 2 lines of dark chocolate and a scoop of peanut butter, apple sauce or honey.
- Snack: Clif Protein bar, protein shake or frozen grapes (super awesome snack)
- Lunch: Sugar Snap Pea and Carrot Soba Noodles
- Dinner: Coconut curry with quinoa, rice or rice noodles.
Extra Challenge: Try to add a bowl of green salad or have a green smoothie.
- Breakfast: Oats with cold milk of your choice, mixed with chia seeds, nuts, one banana and honey
- Snack: Guacamole, with dipping vegetables.
- Lunch: QUINOA KALE BOWL WITH MUSHROOMS & ASPARAGUS
- Dinner: AMAZING VEGGIE QUESADILLAS
- Breakfast: 2x Guacamole on toast with extra slices of guacamole, add soaked walnuts, monkey nuts or seeds to the top.
- Snack: lightly melt dark chocolate and dip bananas.
- Lunch: EASY PEANUT NOODLES
- Dinner: Creamy Avocado pasta – Just use gluten-free pasta.
- Breakfast: Bowl of nuts, two lines of dark chocolate, 2 of any fruit and a slice of honey and toast.
- Snack: Fruit, guacamole with vegetables to dip, clif protein bar or a protein shake.
- Lunch: POBLANO AND PORTOBELLO FAJITAS, use multigrain/brown wraps.
- Dinner: SWEET AND SPICY ASIAN TOFU
Extra Challenge: Add a green smoothie.
- Breakfast: Porridge, with 3 squars of dark chocolate, splash of honey and some chia/linseeds.
- Snack: Peanut butter/honey on toast, frozen or normal fruit, vegan milkshake with frozen bananas.
- Lunch: Awesome vegan pizza with a massive side of kale and spinach salad, chuck some olives in if you like them.
- Dinner: Seven-Vegetable Couscous
- Breakfast: Blueberry Oatmeal Waffles or PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA
- Lunch: Spicy Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce with a nice green salad
- Dinner: Speedy Three-Bean Salad add sweet potatoes.
I’ve done my best to add the best simple, yet extremely healthy food recipes.
Your job is to mix and match, swap foods from the list above and be brave enough to take risks when you don’t have ingredients.
PS: Add as much fruit as you like and be sure to take a protein shake, also if you’re trying to put on muscle, take a look at my bulking guide.
Continue Reading If You Dare
Adding as much advice to an article is my 1 goal. Sometimes that can make things a little over whelming.
That’s why I’ve gave you everything you need to start this nootropic diet (Nootropics I Take) right away and I’ve added my secret recipes, do’s and don’ts, supplements I take, reasons behind vegan foundation and tons more for those who want the maximum advice!
The next part of the article is where the magic really takes place.
How I 10x My Results By Adding Supplements
You should always try to get your nutrition through real food.
Supplements are never as easy for your body to break down and absorb.
That being said, supplements are extremely useful when it comes to getting the most out of your diet and getting those hard to find vitamins and minerals.
Must Take Supplement: No matter who you are you should be taking a good quality multivitamin every day (Especially for vegans as you’ll need to be supplementing B6 and B12).
Omega-3: You’ll want to supplement omega-3 to ensure your brain is getting the fatty acid it needs to run at maximum level, using a good omega-3 supplement will improve memory, focus and other cognitive abilities.
Vitamin D: I’m lucky enough to live in Spain were I try to get in the sun every single day for at least 15 minutes, but when the winter kicks in I make sure I take a vitamin d supplement, it helps with general mood and well being.
Probiotic: Having healthy probiotics in your belly will help defend you against food illnesses and aid digestion, while improving your overall immunity.
Shockingly there’s also a direct link to depression, mood swings, cancer and IBS in people with bacterial imbalance, and with gut bacteria being responsible for creating 95% of serotonin (The happiness drug) it’s easy to see why it’s one of the most important supplements we need to take.
How To Get Good Probiotics:
- Eating the right food: Fermented Vegetables, Goats Milk, Coconut Kefir, Chia Seeds, Flaxseeds, Sweet Potatoes, Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Miso, to name a few.
- Make Your Own Yoghurt: You can buy grass fed cows milk yoghurt (if you drink milk and it’s available) or you can make your own coconut or almond yoghurt with them recipes and add some probiotic powder.
- Drink Raw Goats Milk
- Kombucha Tea: One of the greatest ways to get good bacteria is to brew your own Kumbucha tea, you just get on of these brewing kits and follow the instructions. You can check the benefits of kombucha here.
What Vegetarians Should Add
There’s a few things that I’d be tempted to add into my vegan diet due to the massive benefits and here they are:
- Raw Goats Milk/Protein/Cheese: One of the greatest super foods with it’s immune boosting benefits. Our bodies not only digest it far quicker and more effective than cows milk, but it’s filled with tons more vitamins, fatty acids all of which are easy to breakdown and absorb, unlike cows milk.
I’m lucky enough to live in Spain where goats and their milk is everywhere, making it easy for me to obtain raw goats milk that has been made in very human ways by goats that are walking distance from my home.
- Honey: I bend the rules and include honey in my diet as it not only tastes great it’s also one of the greatest super foods around. It can be used to make natural energy drinks, that have no come down, improves memory, can help aid a good nights sleep, and is a solid probiotic.
But, your honey has to be real. There’s a big issue with fake honey that’s actually bad for you and similar to eating syrup.
To avoid fake honey only buy Honey made inside your country (if you live in America) and if you’re from England, only eat honey that’s 100% created inside Europe. If honey says that it’s part Europe/outside Europe this means it’s fake.
Tip: Do a honey test put honey in a glass of water, if it sinks to the bottom it’s real, if it dissolves it’s fake. Do the match test, put a little on a match, light the match, real honey will burn off and light/fake honey will stop the match.
- Grass-Fed Yoghurt: If you can source it, grass-fed raw yogurt has some serious health benefits. One being it’s one of the greatest probiotics.
Side Note: I’ve found that non-dairy yoghurt to be just as healthy and probiotic rich, but it’s much harder to get my hands on in Spain, so I’m looking into ways to make my own.
Why I’ve Chose Vegan As The Foundation Of My Nootropic Diet
Mainly: I choose veganism due to the fact everyone can partake in this diet, if you’re a meat eater just add meat to the recommendations and the same goes for vegetarians and pescetarians, you can all mix and match taking what resonates with you, making it perfect for all.
As for my personal decision…
…I’d like to say I became a vegan for animals sake, but I’d be lying.
I did it for health reasons, I was sick of feeling tired, having heart burn and couldn’t deal with all the case-studies and clinical trails on how bad meat and some dairy products are.
My life became a mine-field of unhealthy eating choices as I didn’t have enough cash to buy the type of meat that were deemed healthy and got sick of reading articles that contradicted themselves on the health values of certain products.
After all this, I began limiting my food choices and became a vegan without realising and from that moment I never looked back.
I then read a few books on health and nutrition, Healthy at 100 and The Ultra Mind Solution stick out the most and I kept seeing that meat is always recommended in serious moderation and a large amount of dairy products are condemned in these diets.
Seeing this and with the tests I’ve done on myself it was a real no-brainer to stick with this diet.
Then I decided to watch movies like:
- Forks Over Knives
At that moment I felt really sad, disappointed with people and what we’ve done with poor animals, that just solidified my beliefs in why this diet is awesome for your health and your karma.
Proof On The Benefits Of A Vegan Diet
However, I’d never recommend a diet to people looking to be the ultimate version of themselves based on my love of animals, that’s why I talk about products that aren’t vegan and their awesome health benefits.
A big reason for it being the base of this article is off incredible results and clinical research backing the aforementioned results, and not just based on someone who tried veganism for a week and ate Oreos and chips, decided they felt ill and should complain about it.
Here are some of the backed studies I mentioned:
- 11 Common Myths About Vegan Diets – Authority Nutrition
- Questioning the Ethics & Science of a Pure Vegan Diet – Unbelievable article by nutritionstudies.org
- Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets – US National Library of Medicine/National Center for Biotechnology Information
PS: If you’re scared about losing muscle or body weight just look at some of these vegan athletes: 12 vegan athletes smashing it on a meat-free diet
I recently saw David Haye (British Ex Heavy Weight) went vegan and is looking pumped:
PPS: I have nothing against meat eaters, my whole family eat meat and I did for 20 years of my life, so take the advice that resonates with you and remember to test, test and keep testing!
The Top Secret Brain Boosting Drinks
Ready to see the HEALTHIEST drinks on this planet?
Drinks that have single-handedly changed my life, teaching me that drinking my pain away isn’t a bad idea?
Just trade your shot of vodka for a spice shot, and your mulled wine for some Kombucha tea and you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
Below are drinks that truly are the holy grail of my diet, they are my go to creativity, immunity, energy, focus and health boosters and never has a sip a day keeps the doctor away been so true.
Kombucha tea doesn’t take prisoner’s, and gives back what you put in double time.
Now the process to create Kombucha is a journey, seriously, it involves getting tea, a mystical item called a scooby (not to mistaken for the dog that solves mysteries), and getting your own brewing kit.
It’s not, a full kit costs around $50 and makes tons of kumbucha, plus to get the other ingredients once you’ve got the unusual brewer is super simple it’s just a time consuming as brewing time takes days.
Getting Pre-Made Bottles?
You can buy pre-made kombucha tea, but make sure it’s got no added sugar, as some are more like sugary pop than kumbucha.
Is it really worth it?
It takes a little cash, a little time and a bit of waiting around, but what you get in return far outweighs any cost.
Just look at some of the benefits you get…
…One of the greatest probiotic rich food/drinks.
…An extremely good detoxifier.
…An amazing energy drink/booster.
…Immunity that will go through the roof (this is the stuff people drink and never get a cold again).
… Improved digestion and gut protection.
What can I say, Kombucha is a game changer.
You can read more of the benefits here:
PS: If you really like this tea get a real brewing kit, you can then have a lifetime supply for pennies a serving.
Spices and herbs are responsible for an incredible amount of health, mind and body benefits, these magical substances make a big difference to your overal health within days.
The spices and herbs I’m talking about are:
- Cayenne Pepper
And the list of benefits for each of these spices can be found here at authority nutrition.
My issue has been “How do I get them into my belly”, for some it’s as simple as adding to salads, guacamole or another raw dipping sauce like hummus, this can be done with basil, cayenne pepper, garlic and sage.
But for the others I’ve had to came up with two ways, one is tea, the other is a spice shot.
How Do You Make The Ultimate Spice Tea?
- Step 1. Grab a cup and start boiling water.
- Step 2. Pop 2 grams of turmeric, one cinnamon stick and a chunk of ginger in the mug.
- Step 3. Add a splash of honey or maple syrup.
- Step 4. Add the boiling water, leave to sit, then continually stir it while drinking to ensure it doesn’t all end up at the bottom of the mug.
You can then add the peppermint, with a mint tea bag after lunch as a way to freshen up your breath and aid your digestion.
Ultimate Immune Boosting Spice Shot
I’ve got more than a few spice shot recipes, but the one I take most mornings is this lemon, turmeric and ginger bad boy.
Here’s a video of my exact preparation process:
I start every morning with either one of these shots or a spice tea.
The Ultimate Coffee Blend
Surprised to see coffee in an article about health?
Well coffee is one of my favourite nootropics and one of the main items in my stay focus nootropic stack.
The coffee I’m about to show you may not be the healthiest item on this list, but it’s by far the healthiest coffee you can make and the pro’s of getting hours of amazing energy, mixed with my incredible cognitive functioning during that time, far outweigh the negatives that I’ve seen from some studies.
How To Make Super Duper Coffee
Whats the real difference in the coffee I drink?
It’s not burned, it’s got caffeine and is as pure as it gets with no added c**p.
All you need to do is get good quality lightly roasted coffee beans (higher roast equals less caffeine), pop the beans into a grinder, then place the ground coffee into a cafetiere with boiling water.
Voila, pour a nice big cup and enjoy the taste of real organic coffee.
Instant coffee has hardly no caffeine, plus all the health properties have been burned away.
By simply using fresh beans you’ll see how incredible coffee truely is.
As I mentioned I treat coffee as exactly that, a treat.
It’s one of my more naughty substances that I indulge in and I truly love the taste, but lets face it, drinking a cup of this blend usually results in me completing 4 hours work within 2, so even though it’s a treat, it’s an amazing tool that I highly recommend the use of.
MCT OIL: I’ve seen a lot of people asking about adding MCT oil to coffee and the effects it has on energy and well-being. I’ve personally heard great things that’s why I’ve began the process of testing and will report back with the results soon.
Boosting your Focus With Green Tea
We already know that green tea is a hella-cool drink with tons of benefits, but there’s something even more incredible about green tea…
…And that’s it’s nootropic properties. Green tea contains a substance called L-Theanine, that when taken improves focus, cognitive function, memory and has been shown to lower anxiety and higher confidence.
The Choice You Have:
You can get L-Theanine in supplement form and take it with your morning coffee, making my favourite focus nootropic stack perfect for tackling a stressful day at work.
Or you can drink a nice cup of Sencha loose leaf tea around two hours after your first coffee and then another two hours after that.
This isn’t as effective as the caffeine + L-theanine, but there’s plenty of other health benefits that come with drinking the green tea leaf in tea format, so it’s up to you.
How To Make The Perfect Cup Of Green Tea:
- Get your loose leaf green tea and place some in a mug.
- Pour around an inch of cold water into the mug covering the leafs.
- Boil hot water, then leave off the heat for a minute before adding to your mug.
- Then leave to sit for 3 minutes and drink with the leafs still in the mug/cup.
This stops the hot water burning the caffeine and other properties inside the tea.
Yerba Mate Tea
Are you a writer of any kind looking to tap into your creativity and flow at a moments notice?
You NEED Yerba Mate!
Simply sipping on yerba mate tea will boost your creativity instantly.
All you do is grab a gourd (that’s the gourd I use), then get some yerba mate ($8 for 1kg), fill your gourd to the top with leaves, pour hot water in and sip with the straw while you do creative work, you then keep adding hot water to the gourd without adding new leafs for the remainder of your creative task.
I highly recommend getting a good tea pot to save you having to keep going to the kitchen to top up.
I go into more detail about the benefits and what I consume in my nootropic stack article, so be sure to check it out and feel free to ask questions in the comments below.
Basic Nootropics To Add To Your Diet
I’ve been secretly adding nootropic foods this whole time (you may have noticed).
The truth is I don’t want to bore you with two thousand words teaching you about the nootropics I take that changed my life and complement this diet.
Instead, check out the full article I did on my beginner nootropic stack, that gets updated with everything I take, it has the doses I take, how I take it and where I buy it, plus and everything else you’ll need to get started.
Don’t have time?
Stick to Caffeine and L-Theanine, you can take it in these awesome pre-measured capsules and the benefits are focus, memory, prevention of anxiety, confidence and the ability to cut through work that would bore you to sleep on a normal day.
Biggest Dieting Errors You Need To Stop Making
Did you know you can eat all of the above and still get no results?
It sucks but it’s true, if you’re riddled with bad habits then no diet will save you.
I had this exact issue, I was eating all the right things, yet still feeling bad, in-fact I was feeling weaker than before.
That’s when I studied myself and nutrition and I found a few key errors I’d been making.
#1 – Not Eating Enough Food
The main reason I stopped putting on muscle was because I only ate when I was hungry and that usually meant skipping dinner.
If you want to gain muscle and have energy and brain power, you need to eat enough clean food to power yourself.
Don’t get me wrong, you can still overeat and put weight on, it’s just much harder and what I call a challenge, especially when a large meal adds up to 800 kcals, and on a bad diet, a large big meal can equals 2000 kcals.
Fear not, for those of you who want to bulk and have optimal health, you can use the tricks I talk about down below.
#2 – Over Eating At Each Meal
I have a huge issue with being in scarcity with food and it got to the point I’d constantly over feed each meal, eating to the point of sickness.
This made me really tired and caused my focus and brain power to dive and hit the ground after lunch.
I know eat more frequently and have snacks laying around that I eat every few hours, this stops me getting really hungry and keeps me from making bad decisions.
Snacks I use to control hunger:
- Honey + Toast
- Peanut Butter + Toast or Brown Rice Cakes
- Dark Chocolate
- Left Overs
- Vegan Protein Clif Bars (These are awesome)
- Guacamole with bread, rice cakes or chopped vegetables
- Hummus with bread or chopped vegetables.
- Hemp protein shake with peanut butter and honey.
#3 – Drinking With Meals
Once you eliminate meat and dairy you should in theory not get sleepy after eating…
…Sadly that’s not the case, you’ve also got to avoid drinking 30 minutes before and after meals.
Trust me, try it.
You’ll end your meal feeling energised and ready to go, instead of sluggish and tired.
#4 – Not Drinking Enough Water
Hydration is the key to optimal brain function, without it you’ll feel the brain fog and be at higher health risk.
This can be helped with 4 simple habits:
- Drink a full glass of water upon waking up, as this is the most dehydrated you’ll be.
- Drink 2 green teas every day, one in the morning, second at lunch time.
- Carry a sports bottle with you, so you can sip water throughout the day.
- Measure the water you drink.
You should be aiming to drink at-least 2 liters of water per day, 3 liters if you’re taking creatine.
#5 – You Don’t Keep Track
I’ve said it before “what gets measured, gets managed”, write down what you’re eating every day.
You’ll then be able to see patterns, snacking habits and times when you give in.
You can then use a few weeks data to find issues and work on preventing bad habits.
#6 – We Let Friends And Family get Involved
Be strong, strong enough to say no to the temptation your family and friends tease you with.
It’s true, most of us fail our diet due to peer pressure from our loved ones, and there is another truth people don’t like saying…
…That friend that mocks you for your eating habits and encourages you to eat badly is really only doing it to make themselves feel better.
If you change, they have to change, they’re lazy and it’s far easy to stop you changing than to harness the brain power needed to make the change themselves.
…Eat before you go out with friends.
…Keep your dieting habits on the down low.
…Get an accountability partner, you watch their back, they watch yours and you motivate each other to keep pushing on.
…Eat bad food occasionally, but only on your terms, not by the hand of temptation.
…Plan a day off, where you eat what you like, I personally think this diet is pretty relaxed, so I only have one cheat day a year and that’s on Christmas.
#7 – Not Eating Enough Protein
If you want to gain muscle, feel strong and stay fit, you need to be consuming the correct daily intake of protein.
I’ve done tests and I’ve noticed a giant performance increase, in both muscle gain and recovery when I monitor my daily intake of protein and actively do what I can to reach it.
All I do is use this daily protein calculator, get my daily needs, then add the food and supplements I need to reach it.
I use a 60 – 40 rule, 60% of protein through food, 40% through supplements and this changes depending on travelling and abilities to get hold of protein rich food.
#8 – No Variety In Your Diet
You will not gain half of the health benefits that are available if you only eat the same 2 dishes every day.
Simply add variety by eating different foods on different days.
Monday is vegan burger day, Tuesday is fajita spiced pasta day, etc.
That way you can build an awesome routine, with variety, without burning loads of your daily energy cooking.
3 Stages In What Will Happen To Your Body when You Do This Diet
Cut the crap.
How are you really going to feel once you start this diet?
There’s the s**t part (Detoxing)
If you’re body is stocked up on refined sugars and processed food I’m not going to lie, the first few days you’ll feel pretty crappy.
If that’s the case, take a nice hot bath, drink loads of water, green tea and lemon juice, eat regularly and go on a run or do some type of cardio that’ll leave you sweating.
As there’s no caloric restrictions you shouldn’t have a crash and this phase should be over and done within a night, but during this stage it’s likely you’ll hate the taste of the healthy food, but this does depend on your current or past dietary choices.
Then There’s A Part Were Your Taste Change
About a week in, all of a sudden you’ll be munching on a kale salade and then POP! You’ll have a thought “Damn, this isn’t so bad, actually I’ll make another bowl right now”, this will then continue with drinks like green tea, kombucha and lemon juice and a majority of the other healthy snacks previously mentioned.
Then There’s The Part With Benefits
Okay, everyone wants to know when all the magic benefits will happen!!!
Is it in hour one, two or four?
The truth is, they never stop happening.
Some will take effect instantly, like the boost from a spice shot or the caffeine from a freshly ground coffee.
Some like the food ones will happen within weeks, you’ll feel lighter, stronger, healthier, much happier and this is when you’re apparently ment to get a glow… Apparently.
Then you have the others that happen after a year, once your bodies been detoxed from the bad stuff and you’re left feeling stronger, fitter, healthier, more focused and with a better memory than ever before.
My journey is still happening and I can honestly say that as this diet goes on the results just keep coming and the amount of time, money and energy you invest at the start gets given back to you in ten-fold.
The Quick Vegan Bulking Guide
Do you have trouble gaining weight and adding muscle?
I did. In-fact I do.
I’ve tried everything from over eating, eating rubbish food, even dropping cardio.
Looking back I did some pretty dumb stuff.
I know what you might be thinking “If I couldn’t gain weight as a meat eater, how could I gain it on a vegan diet?”
Understand the amount of calories you burn everyday, you can learn this by going for a basic nutrition test ($30), using a calorie intake calculator or guessing.
I personally recommend using a calorie calculator and a little guess work.
Find out how many calories you need per day and add 400 per day. intake then start
The look at your daily food intake and add a few high-calorie foods that will allow you to reach your goals:
- Peanut butter/almond butter
- Nuts and seeds
- Dark Chocolate
- Nut butter
- Avocados (guacamole, on toast with nuts sprinkled on top)
- Protein Smoothies
- Clif Protein Bars
- Vegan weight gainer supplement
- Fat shake (Using this recipe)
- Make your own vegan protein flapjacks.
Then team that with eating every 3 hours.
Whether it’s a clif protein bar, or some peanut butter on toast, do what you can to eat every few hours, otherwise it will be hard to meet the calories without over eating at main meal times.
Do these simple things, with consistent training and you’ll gain muscle with easy.
Future Of My Diet
I’ll always be testing.
With that comes GROUND BREAKING advice, like an advanced look into a vegan based ketogenic diet.
I’ve used ketogenic food recommendations in this list, at least the ones I got results from, and the Ketogenic diet is something I’m running a 14 day test with and will be updating this guide with the results as soon as it’s complete.
However I’ll not be doing this test as a way to cross over to the keto diet, I’ll being doing it to learn what foods increase cognitive function and energy as I’ve found this diet to be too restrictive, getting in the way of long- term happiness, health and making it easy to become obsessed with the small details that mean nothing.
With that being said all I care about is results, right now I’m getting unbelievable results with the diet above.
So in the name of testing I’ll keep changing, upgrading and improving this diet, however I will not be downgrading to follow a trend.
The Rule Of Zigging And Zagging
It’s easy to become fixated on being 100% clean all the time.
I’ve been there and I can tell you there’s an opposite level of the spectrum.
You see most people think that the BIG war is having the strength to say NO.
The real issue strict when that NO because an addiction and every food you eat has to be analysed.
Oh boy, don’t even get me started on accidentally eating something bad.
Save yourself the stress, zig and zag.
When I’m craving peanut butter on toast I don’t restrict myself, I have it, but on the side I have a big Kale, Spinach and chia seed salad.
When I fancy pasta, I grab a gluten-free brand, make a fresh tomato sauce with the ultra healthy herbs and spices mentioned previously, I then add a nice side of salad and voila.
The zig and zag is simple and it’s a really effective way to stop yourself becoming obsessed with labels, you’re not vegan, you’re not plant-based, you’re not a vegetarian, you are you!
The Epic List Of Resources:
I mentioned a lot in this article and it wouldn’t have been possible without the help of these awesome, blogs, books, documentaries, case studies and YouTube videos
- Reddit Nootropics
- Reddit Dieting
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Dangers Of Eating Red Meat
- Gross Things in Meat (Infographic)
- Reddit Beginner Nootropic Guide